Acme Archives Direct, through their Dark Ink brand, will again be hosting the Art Show at Star Wars Celebration this April in Chicago. A list of artists was published back in January and now we’re starting to see previews of their prints. Pre-orders will open on February 27, 2019 at 3:00PM EST on the Dark Ink website, and be available until Marth 15th. All pre-orders are for pickup at Celebration so no shipping is offered.
All of the prints announced today are limited to 250 pieces and we expect that all of the prints will be the same. We’ll update this page as new prints are debuted.
Update 2/25: Eight new prints were previewed today, listed below and added to the gallery, including at least one new artist announcement of Brandon Kenney.
Update 2/26: The last 10 artists for this year’s Celebration will have their own booths in Chicago and will handle pre-orders for their prints on their own, not through the Dark Ink website. The Dark Ink website does have seven of the final artists listed on their websites with previews of their prints and links to the websites where they’ll have pre-orders. Please check out the Dark Ink website for those links.
The final three artists, Jason Palmer, Russel Walks, and Steve Anderson haven’t posted previews or pre-order information at this time. We updated the list below with booth numbers. We also pulled Jerry Vanderstelt’s print from the slideshow because what was shown on the Dark Ink website was for a general release print. Jerry’s Celebration print has been teased on his website and we’ll see the full reveal on Wednesday.
- February 22
- Alex Buechel – Chewie : $45.00
- Brian DeGuire – Celebrating 20 Years of Podracing : $45.00
- Cat Staggs – 30 Seconds Over Tatooine : $75.00
- Chris Dee – Pack Hunt : $45.00
- Cryssy Cheung – In Umbris Potestas Est : $60.00
- James Silvani – Before Dark Times : $40.00
- Jason Christman – Cantina : $60.00
- Kaela Croft – Guidance From Wolves : $50.00
- Malcom Tween – Mandalorian : $60.00
- Zoltan Simon – Ill-Starred Love : $49.00
- February 25
- Brandon Kenney – Maelstrom : $40.00
- Danny Haas – The Phantom Menace : $60.00
- Darren Tan – Heart of the Rebellion : $65.00
- Dianne (Diha) Vaznelis – The Returned : $50.00
- Jerry Vanderstelt – The Call of Destiny : $125.00 (Booth 4223)
- Joey Spiotto – The Force Unites Us : $75.00
- Karen Hallion – No One is Ever Really Gone : $60.00
- Michael Pasquale – STARDUST: A Rogue One Tribute : $65.00
- February 26
- Adrianna Vanderstelt – Train Him I Will : $65.00 (Booth 4223)
- Brian Miller – Star Wars: A Galaxy Far, Far Away : $60.00 (Booth 3116)
- Brian Rood – Tyranny of the Empire : $95.00 (Booth 4327)
- Chris Trevas – Reunion of Scoundrels : $75.00
- Kayla Woodside – I Know : $65.00
- Matt Busch – High Stakes : $60.00 (Booth 1523)
- Spencer Brinkerhoff – Luminous Beings : $100.00 (Booth 1633)