Hallmark Introduces Exclusive Products for 2016 Conventions and Events
Hallmark Keepsake Ornaments, itty bittys® and new Squeelys among items planned at four events
Three exclusive Hallmark Keepsake Ornament designs, a pair of itty bittys® plush, and the first-ever Hallmark Squeelys vinyl collectible figure will be sold in limited quantities at Comic-Con International, to be held July 21-24 in San Diego, Calif.:
- U.S.S. EnterpriseTM – Featuring dialogue and music directly from the original “Star Trek” TV Series, this Keepsake Ornament depicts the iconic starship as originally built and painted for special-effects filming. This is a repaint of a 2016 Keepsake Ornament celebrating Star Trek’s 50th anniversary.
- BatmanTM in Battle – This Keepsake Ornament created exclusively for event sales depicts the Caped Crusader’s armored uniform as seen in this year’s feature film Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice.
- Beginnings: Boba FettTM – Inspired by the work of renowned conceptual designer Ralph McQuarrie, this Keepsake Ornament two-pack features the fan-favorite bounty hunter who first appeared in Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back. One ornament details Boba Fett’s helmet as originally sketched while the other depicts an all-white full-costume concept.
- Princess LeiaTM and Jabba the HuttTM – This exclusive itty bittys plush two-pack features the slug-like crime lord and his bikini-clad prisoner as seen in Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi.
- BatmanTM ’66 Squeelys® – Convention-goers will get a first look at Squeelys, a new Hallmark-exclusive vinyl collectible line inspired by classic customized cars. While the full line of Squeelys will debut in Hallmark Gold Crown® stores and on Hallmark.com in August, an event-exclusive Batman and Batmobile will be available at the comics conventions.
An exclusive Keepsake Ornament, an itty bittys plush and a collectible scarf will be available only at the 2016 National Barbie® Doll Collectors Convention, scheduled July 27-30 in Jacksonville, Fla.:
- Shoe-sational! – Continuing a Keepsake Ornament convention tradition since 2010, this version of the design incorporates a classic image of BarbieTM on the shoe.
- Barbie – This exclusive itty bittys character is dressed in her iconic black-and-white bathing suit worn by the fashion doll when Mattel introduced Barbie in 1959.
- Scarf – Featuring Barbie’s favorite shade of pink, this wearable collectible will incorporate the event’s date and location into its design.
Hallmark will celebrate the 50th anniversary of Star Trek by taking part in Star Trek: Mission New York, scheduled Sept. 2-4 in New York City. Two items are announced for that event:
- A Hallmark-branded exclusive ornament featuring Maxine, the star of Hallmark’s “Crabby Road” cartoons, dressed in her finest Star Trek cosplay. This ornament is a repainted version of one available this year in stores selling Hallmark-branded ornaments.
- The U.S.S. Enterprise Keepsake Ornament previously available at Comic-Con International.
At New York Comic Con, set for Oct. 6-9 in New York City, Hallmark exclusive items will include:
- A Hallmark-branded ornament featuring Hallmark’s classic character Rainbow Brite. This ornament is a repainted version of one available this year in stores selling Hallmark-branded ornaments.
- The Maxine ornament previously available at Star Trek: Mission New York.
- All items previously available at Comic-Con International.
Additional details about prices and production runs for each exclusive product, as well as Hallmark’s plans for each event will be announced closer to the respective convention dates.
BARBIE and associated trademarks and trade dress are owned by, and used under license from, Mattel. ©2016 Mattel. All Rights Reserved.
BATMAN and all related characters and elements are trademarks of and © DC Comics.
TM & © 2016 CBS Studios Inc. STAR TREK and related marks and logos are trademarks of CBS Studios Inc. All Rights Reserved.
STAR WARS and related properties are trademarks and/or copyrights, in the United States and other countries, of Lucasfilm Ltd. and/or its affiliates. © & TM Lucasfilm Ltd.
For more than 100 years, privately-held Hallmark has been dedicated to creating a more emotionally-connected world. In the U.S., products offered by Hallmark Greetings, Hallmark Retail and Hallmark Home & Gifts can be found in more than 40,000 retail accounts including mass retailers, Hallmark Gold Crown® stores and online. Hallmark’s family of companies also includes Crayola®, maker of creative art tools and toys, Crown Center, a mixed-use entertainment, office and residential district in Kansas City, and Hallmark International, which offers products in more than 30 languages available in 100 countries. Hallmark also is a majority stakeholder in Crown Media Holdings, Inc., which owns and operates cable television’s Hallmark Channel and Hallmark Movies & Mysteries. Headquartered in Kansas City, Mo., Hallmark employs more than 27,000 people worldwide. For more information, visitHallmark.com. Connect on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest.